At the moment – 73.1
I am so excited! I am 1.1kg away from a normal BMI
For quite a while now, I’ve been following my own plan, loosely based on the Dukan 3rd phase and incorporating all the good habits that I learned on the looong time on the Dukan diet. At the beginning of the year I tried to go back to strictly Dukan and just couldn’t keep it, what ended up in binging :/ But there is so many good things I took from the Dukan diet All the protein foods that help me feel fuller for longer, a massive cut to fats I’ve been eating a long time before.
Even though, when I was fat, I would eat fast food all the time, I kept feeling guilty for that anyway. Now, I still have cravings, but I’ve learned to control them most of the time, and the very important – YOU CAN indulge from time to time. I guess that is exactly the point in the 3rd phase feasts . So if I choose to have a piece of chocolate, it’s not going to kill me or my diet. I try to keep to a daily calorie amount of about 1500, but from time to time I do go to the restaurant, eat popcorn at the movies… AND I keep losing weight, feel good, relaxed etc. What more can you want!?
But I think the biggest struggle is to begin something like that when you are very big, as you have to give time for the stomach to shrink a bit. I used to be able to eat two TWO sets of meals at KFC. Now I barely get trough a Twister haha. It’s not will power, I just got through the part when my stomach was still shrinking.
My plan at the moment is:
* About 1200-1500 calories a day (I keep a diary, weigh food etc. It might seem hard, but after a while you know the nutrition of your favourite food by heart)
* I look at the Dukan rules as a sort of a compas (60gr of wholegrain pasta, not a lot of bread – a wholegrain roll or two slices of bread, minimised oils in cooking, a lot of lean protein, oat bran, non starchy vegetables, low fat dairy products)
* 6 days a week an hour or more hula hooping (It’s not only about how much, but the routine. It raises the heart rate and metabolism, but also, I do give myself one day off, so I don’t go obsessive )
* I give myself the odd treat (Chose a low calorie pizza, put half in the freezer, so it doesn’t tempt and indulge in the favorite foods, my guilty pleasure are Malteaser bunnies . I track the calories, so it’s not over the daily allowance and, more rarely, I bin the rules and if I go with someone to the restaurant – I chose my fav food and go cold turkey protein the next day ;D )
It has really been working for me well. I feel more relaxed about foods since they’re not all banned and most of all, the scale is the proof, since January I lost about 9kilos I now only have about 8 to go .
* The risk of buying too much and eating it just because it’s there and tempting. I try to fight that by freezing all the tempting foods hehe and only buying/making one portion at a time
How are the other long term dukaninans out there doing? Following the plan as it is or finding any little cheats?